Pages

Friday, October 9, 2026

Why I Protested Against Gyanesh Kumar — An Appeal to All Indians # GyaneshKumar #SIRProtest #SaveIndianDemocracy #JantarMantar #VoterRollDeletion #IndianDemocracy #CockroachJantaParty #RightToVote #SpecialIntensiveRevision #IndiaProtests#

                                 http://chroniclecraze.blogspot.com/

Written By :- BarkatKhan 

Chronicle Craze News Desk.

Meta Description: I travelled to Bengaluru to hear voters whose names were wrongly deleted from the electoral rolls. The 8 October protest showed me the truth. On 10 October, at Jantar Mantar in Delhi, I urge every Indian to stand up.


A Common Citizen's Testimony

I am not a politician. I am not a member of any party. I am simply someone who believes in Indian democracy.

So when news about the Special Intensive Revision (SIR) started spreading — that people's names were being deleted from electoral rolls, that tens of millions could lose their right to vote — I did not just sit at home scrolling through my phone.

I booked a ticket to Bengaluru.

What I Saw in Bengaluru

8 October. Freedom Park. Thousands of people gathered. Actor Prakash Raj was there. YouTuber Dhruv Rathee was there. But what moved me most were the ordinary people.

I met people who had voted their entire lives, only to discover their names had vanished. I asked them why. They said they did not know. Nobody gave them a clear answer.

Activist Abhijit Dipke stood on stage. He asked two questions I still remember:

"Did Gyanesh Kumar get permission before deleting 13 crore votes?"

"Did the Supreme Court approve the changes to Form 6?"

The crowd went silent for a second, then erupted in applause. Because the answer was obvious: No, and no.

What Exactly Is the SIR Problem

Let me explain in the simplest words possible.

"Special Intensive Revision" (SIR) sounds like bureaucratic jargon. But what it means is this: the Election Commission is "cleaning up" the voter rolls. They have removed over 13 crore names from the draft rolls.

The Commission says this is to remove duplicates and ineligible entries. They deny any political motive.

But here is the problem: the process puts the burden on ordinary people to prove their eligibility. Many of those deleted must first be removed and then appeal. Getting back on the rolls is extremely difficult.

The numbers are staggering. Nearly 134 crore voters were removed from draft rolls across 30 states and union territories — roughly 14% of the pre-revision electorate. Each phase saw more deletions than the last: 8.3% in Bihar, 12.9% in phase two, 17% in phase three.

Former Civil Servants Spoke Out Too

I am not the only one worried.

On 4 October, a group of former civil servants and activists tried to submit a "People's Charge Sheet" to the Election Commission. Former Delhi Lieutenant Governor Najeeb Jung, former Home Secretary G.K. Pillai, former Intelligence Bureau chief Yashovardhan Azad were among them.

They could not enter Nirvachan Sadan — all roads were blocked. So they released the letter to the public.

The charge sheet listed six allegations. Among them: "unprecedented mass disenfranchisement through SIR."

Their conclusion: "You have forfeited the moral and constitutional authority to continue as India's Chief Election Commissioner."

Why I Had to Speak

I am not attacking any political party. I am defending something more basic: the right to vote.

If you have voted your whole life and suddenly find yourself deleted from the rolls, how would you feel? If you must prove your existence, and the process is deliberately designed to make it hard for you to pass, how would you feel?

In the West Bengal elections, the voter roll revision removed about 90 lakh names — roughly 12% of voters. Modi's party won the state for the first time.

You can call that a coincidence. I do not.


10 October, Delhi


Police denied permission for the 10 October protest at Jantar Mantar. They cited late application and previous violations.

Delhi Police imposed Section 163 of the BNSS in the New Delhi area.

But Jantar Mantar is a designated protest site. Abhijit Dipke said it clearly: "Under the constitutional right given to us by Article 19, what permission is needed to protest against Gyanesh Kumar?"

Arvind Kejriwal also spoke up. He said he would go with his entire family. He urged all Indians to join.

My Request

This is not about one man named Gyanesh Kumar. If he goes, someone else will take his place. Prakash Raj said the same thing in Bengaluru: the real goal is to stop SIR itself.

This is about whether we still believe in one person, one vote. This is about whether we still believe in democracy.

10 October. Jantar Mantar. If you are in Delhi, go. If you are not, find a protest in your city. Talk to your neighbour. Talk to your family. Let them know what is happening.

Because if 13 crore people can be silently stripped of their vote, the next one could be you.

I went to Bengaluru. I heard those stories. Now I am asking you: do not just watch. Stand up.

No comments:

Post a Comment